Effective date: November 9, 2016
The Services are not intended for users under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that an individual submitting information is under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 13 years old.
As our Services changes and new laws are enacted, we may modify this Privacy Notice to reflect these new practices. If we make any material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post the updated Privacy Notice here, along with its effective date, and notify users as required by law.
Please check this page periodically for updates.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
When you use a Service, your browser automatically provides, and we automatically collect and store certain information about your device (e.g., computer, tablet, smart phone) and your activities. This includes:
- Submissions made to Airbus Ventures on the Airbus Ventures Website.
- Preferences and settings: time zone, language, and character size.
- Identifiers: computer IP address; unique mobile device identifier.
- Technical information: tyoe of device, operating system or platform (Mac, Windows), browser information (type, version).
- Connection: Internet provider or mobile carrier name, connection speed and connection type.
- URL of the last web-page visited before visiting our Service.
- Information about your use of the Services: pages viewed, time spent on a page, click through, queries made, search results selected, history, comments made.
- Location: general geographic location; specific geographic location of mobile device (if you have enabled collection of that information).
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
You may provide information to us when you use our Services, including for submissions and employment reasons. Depending on which Service you use, the information you provide may include:
- Your name.
- Email address.
- Postal address.
- Telephone number.
- Demographic information.
- Communication preferences.
- Other personal or business information.
USES OF INFORMATION
We use the information collected from our users or from the user’s device for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Evaluate information for business reasons.
- Facilitate the user’s use of the Services.
- Allow the user to navigate or browse through our website or application quickly and efficiently.
- Respond to the user’s requests and questions.
- Improve user experience, such as by personalizing content to the user’s interests or expedite the processing and completion of a transaction.
- Send a user communications that the user has requested or that may be of interest to the user in accordance with the user’s preferences.
- Administer our Services, diagnose technical problems, and otherwise manage our business.
- Perform functions as otherwise described at the time of collection.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We will not share the personal information we collect about a user with any third party for its own direct marketing purposes without the specific user’s consent. However, we share user information with the following entities or in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: Our suppliers, subcontractors, and other service providers who provide services to us, or on our behalf. We share information with them so that they assist us with the provision, upkeep, and maintenance of the Services. Our contracts with them prohibit them from using or sharing with others the information that we provide to them, or that they collect directly from our users for other purposes than as directed by us.
- Sale, Merger, and Corporate Reorganization: We may transfer users’ information to a third party in case of the sale, merger, or other corporate restructuring of our company.
- Fraud prevention and Protection of Legal Rights: We may disclose user information when we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity; to protect the safety, rights, or property of our company, and of its users, or others; or to exercise or protect legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Law Enforcement: If law enforcement authorities, courts, or regulators, or other government authorities with appropriate jurisdiction request or require us to provide user information, and such request is made using the proper method required by law, we will disclose any information we have about our users in response to a request made through a valid and legal channel, such as a search warrant or a court order.
AGGREGATED, ANONYMIZED, OR STATISTICAL INFORMATION
We generate, use, and disclose aggregated, anonymized, or statistical information about the use of our Services. We may provide this information to third parties for research, analytical or strategic purposes. This information is not intended to allow the identification of any specific user of our Services.
ABOUT COOKIES AND YOUR OPTIONS
Cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, mobile device IDs, and other technologies (collectively “cookies”) are used to recognize a user when the user visits a website or an application, clicks from page to page, or returns to use a website, and application, a feature of a service. Cookies are used to store information about a specific user on the user’s computer or device to store information about that user’s preferences and settings. Cookies can be “first party cookies” (served by us) or “third parties cookies” (served by others). You may choose to block certain categories of cookies. Most browsers contain information on how to control or delete cookies. These settings will typically be found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of a browser.
Please note that blocking or disabling certain cookies may interfere with certain functionalities of our Service; and disabling a cookie may prevent the collection of information in the future, but does not prevent the use of information collected before the cookie was disabled.
The Services rely on cookies in order to recognize users and attempt to understand their interests.
THIRD PARTIES COOKIES
Third party cookies are used for functionality, performance, and analytics purposes. These cookies collect and store automatically information about a user’s computer or mobile device, and their use of the Service. This information is used in aggregate form only.
The practices of these third parties are subject to the third parties’ privacy policies over which we have no control. We encourage you to read their privacy policies.
Each user has the right to review, change or delete personal information that we have collected from that user.
If you have a question, a comment or a request, please contact us as explained in the “How to Contact Us” section in the Airbus Ventures Website Terms and Conditions of Use.
DO NOT TRACK
Some browsers give individuals the ability to communicate that they wish not to be tracked while browsing on the Internet. The “Do Not Track” feature of these browsers sends a signal that informs operators of services online that they do not want certain information about their online activities to be collected over time and across websites or online services.
However, the Internet industry has not yet agreed on a definition of what “Do Not Track” means, how compliance with “Do Not Track” would be measured or evaluated, or a common approach to responding to a “Do Not Track” signal. Consequently, due to the lack of guidance, we have not yet developed features that would recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals.
We limit access to our users’ personal information to only those employees who reasonably need access to it to perform the activities attached to their job responsibilities.
We use technical and organizational measures to protect our users’ personal information against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, or damage. We believe that these measures are reasonably adapted to the nature of the information in our custody. However, because no security system can be 100% effective, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any information we may have collected from or about our users.
We retain the information we collect about and from our users for as long as necessary to fulfill a business purpose or comply with a legal request.